Monday, September 15, 2008

SSE Bloggin' Across Canada: Wow, What a Kickoff!

Tuesday I attended Montreal Entrepreneur Tech Breakfast, the first event sponsorship in the Sun Startup Essentials "Bloggin' Across Canada" series.

Held at Boccochinos, I arrived a bit early, with excitement and anticipation.

I haven't been to Montreal since the mid-nineties, and this was my first introduction to the Startup Scene in the city.Boccochinos had reserved the entire upstairs area for the informal meetup event.

Ben Yoskovitz, founder of Standout Jobs and Heri Rakotomalala of Mad Media have been instigating the event, and expected about 30 participants to attend, representing Startups, Investors, business and marketing folks, and other interesting people!

Folks began trickling in shortly after eight, and I didn't need a second coffee to get kickstarted. Everyone was extremely friendly, outgoing, and rich with stories to tell! The trickle turned into a tidal wave at about 8:30, interaction was abound, with people up and down from their chairs to mingle with other tables and meet - what I am told - were a ton of new folks at the event.

Breakfast was no sooner delivered and I was invited to say a few words to the group. I hated to interrupt such a buzzing room, but after a few words about the Sun Startup Essentials program, I'm glad I did. The balance of the morning was filled with startup CEO's and founders visiting me for more information.

At the time of writing, http://identi.ca/ and http://www.reasonablysmart.com/ are two of the amazingly clever startups who have signed up already! (For those interested in signing up for the free program, please click here!)

With a record 55 participants, the first Sun Startup Essentials sponsored Montreal Entrepreneur Tech Breakfast was a smashing success. After personally speaking with over 35 folks and narrowly missing my 11:45 train, I am ecstatic about the events to come.

Now, where are those eggs I ordered?

Sandra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. And just what I needed - another blog to add to my favourites!